Attik Dance is looking for three performers to work with the Company on the Research and Development phase of a new professional work of dance/physical theatre. The work will be co-directed by Benjamin Dunks, Artistic Director of Attik Dance and Lee Hart, Staff Director at Theatre Royal Plymouth, working with Rc-Annie stage combat directors. It will be a rigorous physical exploration of fighting, looking specifically at the culture of violence in the lives of some young people living in Britain today.
The R&D phase will take place over the weeks of the 14th and 21st September 2015 in Plymouth and performers need to be available for the whole two week period. The making of the show and subsequent tour are planned for 2016, subject to funding, and it is their wish to develop strong partnerships with the R&D performers to take forward into the making and touring of the show.
Fee & Expenses:
The fee for the R&D is £800. Travel and accommodation costs will also be paid for successful applicants not from Plymouth or surrounding areas. Audition Dates: Auditions will be held in Plymouth and Bristol 4 / 5 July 2015. This is an invitation only audition.
Auditions will be held in Plymouth and Bristol 4 / 5 July 2015. This is an invitation only audition.
• Dancers or physical performers with at least 3 years professional performing and touring experience
• A movement language experience and knowledge that is primarily based in contemporary dance/physical theatre but that may encompass other movement skills
• Strong movement devising skills
• Strong vocal technique and experience of working with text
• Skilled and experience in working with children and young people in workshop situations
• Some history and experience of martial arts, or a willingness to learn and experience stage fighting • A playful, inquisitive and creative approach to your practice as a theatre/dance maker
• As the R&D phase will involve some work with children and young people, appointment is subject to an Enhanced DBS check (dated within last 12 months or secured before start date)
How To Apply:
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 5 June 2015:
– a recent photo(headshot)
– a short CV (one page only)
– a letter outlining your experience and motivation for applying for the role.
Please indicate in your letter your preferred audition location – Plymouth or Bristol. – links to footage of you performing or rehearsing.
Successful applicants will be informed by 12 June. We regret we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants.
Attik Dance is an inclusive dance company and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
This R&D is being supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England