Continuous Professional Development fund for artists in Cornwall, Plymouth and Devon
Are you a dance artist based in Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon? Get your CPD Dance Card
The CPD Dance Card aims to open up opportunities for individuals working in the dance sector in Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon to take part in continuing professional development activity.
You may apply at any stage in your career for opportunities which:
• enhance your professional and personal development.
• offer you a specific, high quality opportunity for career development.
• assist you to continue to pursue a career in dance from a base in Cornwall,
Plymouth or Devon.
• enable you to bring back your skills to the dance community in Cornwall,
Plymouth or Devon.
• take place anywhere in the world.
• Your professional base must be primarily in either Cornwall, Plymouth or
• The maximum available award is £250 and can be up to 75% of your overall
• You can receive only one award in any 12-month period
• We ask that you provide a brief report and share this or your experience
through a public platform of your choice e.g. blog, social media post or
studio sharing; a proportion of your award will be retained until this is
We are not currently inviting applications for the CPD Dance Card.
How to Apply
Please write and tell us about the professional development opportunity you would like to take part in including the course title or outline of the opportunity, dates and location. You may also attach web links. Please explain why it is important to you to undertake this training at this point in your career and how you will share your experiences with the wider dance community in Cornwall, Plymouth and/or Devon. The activity should not take place until after the 1st of the month following application deadline. Maximum 500 words.
Please attach your CV and you may include other information to support your application. You should also include a budget showing all expenditure & income including costing in your time where appropriate.
PLEASE NOTE Grants will not be awarded retrospectively. If successful you will need to be in a position to fund the costs in the first instance; awards will be paid on receipt of an invoice and within 30 days. Decisions are entirely at the discretion of The Hall for Cornwall, Plymouth Dance & Dance in Devon, and are not negotiable.
The next deadline for applications will be 1st February 2018.
Please submit your application to your regional dance agency by email:
Image: Kevin Clifford