Employer: Exim Dance Company CIC
Terms: This is a 30-40 hour per week contract with flexible working.
Application Deadline: 19th December
Interview/ Audition date: 6th January 2015
Start date: January 2015
End date: July 2015
Fee: £6.31 per hour (this fee may increase dependent of funding to £16,000.00 PA pro rata
Please note as this post is part funded by CEP funding you will need to be registered unemployed.
“Working as an intern for Exim has been an invaluable experience that allowed me to apply my knowledge of the field and become a member of a friendly and welcoming team. I was given the opportunity to learn how a professional company works and the processes they go through gaining many admin skills which are essential to running a successful dance company.”
Kerry Treacy Exim Intern 2012
Purpose of post: To assist the Artistic Director of Exim Dance Company and support the rest of the Exim Dance team on the community aspects of the organisation, as outlined in the brief (attached) as well as to provide the post holder with on-the-job training in teaching dance in a variety of community settings as well as evaluation, arts production and management, experiencing working strategically and logistically, creating, developing and delivering projects in line with the priority areas of the company, as listed in the brief and in line with Exim’s three year business plan.
Responsible to: The Artistic Director of Exim Dance Company
- Teaching dance in a variety of locations across Plymouth, Devon and Cornwall.
- Assist in the management of the team of Exim practitioners delivering dance in the community.
- Help to drive forward the organisation through implementing the business plan and setting up new projects, developing new relationships.
- Assist in the evaluation and data capture process.
- Assist the Artistic Director in all aspects of the company, for example:
- strategic planning
- project planning
- marketing and publicity
- event management
- project documentation/evaluation
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Experience of teaching in a community setting
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Ideally you will be a recent graduate (within the past 5 years) – most likely in Dance or the Performing Arts
- Experience of arts/project management is highly desirable (paid or unpaid)
- IT/Social Media skills
Terms of employment
- The contract is for a fixed term, and is not renewable.
This contract has standard holiday entitlement.
As required by Exim Dance. Office space is available at Street Factory Studios and there will also be work you can do from home, but you will need to travel to different locations to teach as well as attend meetings and training opportunities across the South West region and possibly London.
Exim Dance is a Equal Opportunities Employers and it is expected that you will work in accordance with the relevant policies and best practice in this area.
- You must hold a recent Disclosure & Barring certificate, or be eligible to hold one. A contract cannot be signed until you have completed the DBS check successfully.
- You must be resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years and be able to demonstrate this if required.
- You must be registered unemployed.
- Ideally you will hold a full UK Driving licence.
For more information on how to apply please contact email@example.com