As part of the Peninsula Dance Partnership's COVID-19 Emergency Response we are delighted to support freelance dance practitioners in the region by offering CPD Dance Card bursaries.
Are you a dance artist based in Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon?
Dance Card is a tried and tested method of supporting freelancers with responsive small bursaries to take part in CPD activity relevant to your current situation. It will enable you practitioners to respond to emerging opportunities and enhance/sustain your professional practice during COVID-19.
Dance Card is supported by Hall For Cornwall, Plymouth Dance and Dance in Devon.
You may apply at any stage in your career
You may apply for this grant if the activities offer you the opportunity to enhance or sustain your professional and personal development by:
• Assisting you to continue to pursue and or maintain your career in dance from a base in Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon.
• Enabling you to continue to contribute to the dance community in Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon.
Conditions of the CPD Dance Card Bursary
- The maximum available award is £250
- The award can be used to pay for DIRECT COSTS such as online classes, equipment, resources, studio/venue hire (after lockdown)
- The priority of this award is to cover “out of pocket” expenditure that directly responds to your current situation, enabling you to sustain or reignite your work
- This award can be used to pay for DIRECT COSTS that have already been paid/incurred
- You can only receive one award
- We ask that you provide a brief report following your training or skills development activity and £25 of your award will be retained until this is received
Who is eligible?
• Full time freelancers living and/or working in the Peninsula
• Part time freelancers living and/or working in the Peninsula
• In Plymouth, Plymouth Dance Members will be prioritised
• Individuals representing any dance style
• Individuals working in any dance context
• You must have a professional base in either Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon
Who is not eligible?
• Full time employees furloughed or non-furloughed
• Dance companies, schools or organisations
• To support your continued professional development, for example, through:
taking part in online classes, workshops, training
purchase of books, digital resources etc
• To support your professional practice currently, for example:
delivering your programme online – Zoom subscription
Maintaining contact with partners, producers, venues and other relevant networks
Paying for vimeo subscription
Paying for a domain name and a “do-it-yourself” website
• To reignite your portfolio, for example:
paying for studio/space/venue hire (post lockdown)
Unlocking other funding for future projects
• Needs to be spent by 31st December 2020
• No match funding is required
What will not be supported?
Requests for funds to support projects that have already received funding, emergency or otherwise, from another source
There will be 3 rounds of funding.
The deadline for Round 3 applications will be 12 noon on Saturday 1st August 2020
How to apply
Please download the application form below, complete and submit your application to email@example.com
Alternatively, please complete the Google form below.
In both applications methods you will have the opportunity to attach your CV and include other information to support your application.