The Producer Farm is a joint initiative from Dance Umbrella with Bristol Old Vic FERMENT, In Between Time, Fuel and Coombe Farm Studios. This week-long residency for creative producers will take place at Coombe Farm Studios in Dittisham, Devon and aims to provide time and space to consider your current work and future potential.
Monday 27 June – Friday 1 July 2016 • Coombe Farm Studios, Dittisham, Devon
The residency offers:
• structured learning from experienced professionals
• dedicated time to reflect on and refresh your ideas and practice
• networking and discussion with peers and established industry professionals
Speakers will include Cesc Cesadésus (Director, Mercat des Flors, Barcelona), Katie Moffat (Head of Digital, The Audience Agency) and representatives from partner organisations. There will be sessions on Artist Focus vs. Audience Focus, Rescue Remedy (what to do when things go wrong) and Marketing in the Digital World amongst others.
Who it is for:
10 funded places are being offered to:
• Producers who have been working professionally in any field of contemporary performance for 5–10 years
• People with a strong desire to expand their capacity and capabilities as creative producers
• People excited by reaching audiences through the power and quality of new work
• People who are open to new ideas and sharing with their peers.
How to apply
Please send a short CV and the completed application form with a statement (max 300 words) demonstrating how you match the criteria and outlining how this residency will benefit you and your work in the future. You will need to commit to the full week of the residency. A panel consisting of representatives from the participating organisations will make the selection. The initial assessment of applications will be made based on track record to date, potential for development and rationale for attending. Consideration will also be given to selecting a diverse and balanced cohort of participants.
Closing date: 5pm, Thursday 24 March 2016
Please send completed applications with all relevant links and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection date: Friday 15 April 2016
Notification of participants: Wednesday 20 April 2016